John Potkonjak Authorised Representative of
Fitzpatricks Private Wealth Pty Ltd
John is passionate about helping clients get financially well-organised so they can maximise the most meaningful financial outcomes in their lives. He provides customer centric financial advice to individuals and families and specialises in advising senior executives, medical specialists, professionals, business people and retirees.
John brings a fresh approach to financial advice which is highly-personalised and aims to establish the fundamentals of WHY an advice relationship with him will add value to you, before exploring WHAT advice and specific objectives needs to be delivered. John takes the time to listen so he truly understands your financial and family situation and priorities.
As a Principal Adviser, John provides his clients with financial leadership, direction, capabilities, and expertise to fulfill the role of project manager in all facets of their financial life. In addition, he helps his clients to clearly focus on their financial goals and aspirations, and what makes a great life for them.
Away from work, John enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, which often leads to weekend sporting commitments, school musical events, hiking, going to the rugby or just watching a movie. When John gets the time, he loves catching up with his family and friends and travelling. His hobbies include fishing and skiing.
- Currently studying a Masters in Financial Planning – CFP (Kaplan Professional)
- Advance Diploma in Financial Planning (Kaplan Professional)
- Diploma of Financial Planning (International Institute of Technology)
- Self-Managed Super Funds (International Institute of Technology)
- Certificate IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking (International Institute of Technology)
- Senior Leader Development Program, Strategic Innovation and Growth (Harvard Business School)
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and upholds their Code of Ethical and Professional standards
Areas of expertise
Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Claims
Asset Protection and Business Structures
Insurance advice for individuals and business owners
Retirement Planning and Pensions
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
Tax Effective Wealth Strategies
Small to Medium Enterprises (SME)
Investment and Portfolio Construction
Divorce and Financial Settlements
Strategic Financial Advice
Key Person Insurance Strategies
John is a seasoned senior executive with over 20 years’ experience in the financial services sector in Australia and across the Asia-Pacific region whilst residing in Tokyo and Hong Kong. Senior level positions held include, CEO, COO, CMO, Regional Vice President, Representative Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors.