Who I work with and how I can help them
My business is built around specialising in highly personalised, intentional work with four types of clients or those in transition including:
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who seek better ways to create personal wealth beyond just your commercial wealth and helping you take advantage of opportunities and avoid threats.
- Ambitious, time-poor professionals & senior executives wanting to make the best use of your surplus income and opportunities, giving you greater choices down the track.
- For clients with greater complexity in their lives, I may act more like a personal CFO to handle issues in your life that take time, planning and money. It’s much more than just managing your investments. To bring everything together and ensure you are better organized, structured & protected.
- Pre-retirees generally between ages 50 to 60 who maybe within 6 months to 7 years of retirement who want to get greater certainty on your future to allow you to retire on your terms.
- I aim to provide greater clarity as to whether you are on track to retire at a time of your choosing and what you need to do to get there from a planning and investment perspective. Another important focus is on reducing the anxiety you may be having as to how to retire and whether you have enough money to still be able to keep your current lifestyle.
- Active over 60’s and post retirees, who are still very engaged with life, or even part-time work and businesses, and helping guide them in living the best life they can with the money they’ve got with confidence.
- I seek to provide additional certainty and peace of mind from investment volatility, as well as greater clarity on how much you can spend in retirement and what you need to do to ensure you never run out money.
What can you expect from my service
- A life-centered approach – to help you achieve the best life possible with the money you have. I work in partnership with you, putting your life at the centre of our conversations. I take time to understand you, your background, values, needs and objectives, so that I can help you put your money to best use. Thereby, my priority is to provide you with a better Return on Life, not just a better return on your investments.
- Organisation – I help you get your financial house in order and keep it that way. I will help provide for your lifetime income and expenditure needs and your tax planning, investments, protection and estate planning.
- Accountability – to collaborate on working out what’s most important to you. I help you follow through on your commitments by working with you to prioritize your goals, and guide you through the necessary steps you can take and regularly review your progress towards achieving them.
- Objectivity – providing insight to help you avoid emotionally driven decisions in important money matters. This involves consulting with you at key moments of decision-making, and researching to ensure you have all the necessary information.
- Proactivity – I work with you to anticipate your life transitions and be financially prepared for them by regularly assessing what is coming and creating the action plan to address and manage these transitions ahead of time.
- Knowledge – I explore the specific knowledge needed for you to succeed by first thoroughly understanding your needs, then providing the resources to help with your decision-making. It involves explaining the options and exploring the trade-offs and risks.
How am I different?
- A deliberate focus on providing a premium service – having fewer clients, an emphasis on quality over quantity, wherever possible making use of streamlined operations, processes, and leveraging the use of technology to reduce frustration.
- Genuinely personalized advice that is not tied to a product. Sophisticated solutions that embrace your financial resources and required level of engagement. The aim is to simplify complexity where necessary and provide elegantly simple solutions wherever possible.
- Providing a framework and process enabling you to feel more confident in your decision-making, so making better decisions than you could take on your own.
- Three available levels of service depending on complexity, needs and level of engagement you require.
- Offers flexibility – preparedness to meet you at your business and home, providing the option of having your meetings with me virtually.
- Use of innovative collaborative tools, including exclusive proprietary software, providing a robust framework to co-create and build, customise, assess and optimise for the appropriate amount of risk to take in your portfolio based on your unique needs. This underpins quality investment decisions and decision-making.
- If required, fulfills a ‘lead adviser’ role liaising and coordinating with other suitably qualified professionals such as lawyers, accountants, stockbrokers, lending, insurance or other specialists to ensure everything in your comprehensive plan works together smoothly.
Abiding principles of engagement
- My approach is a more responsive process when compared with traditional methods. There are four distinctive stages:
- Initially working out what’s feasible / practicable.
- Ensuring the resiliency of the plan through evolving circumstances.
- Optimising the best use of resources.
- Fine tuning to ensure your continuing engagement and progress.
- Accepts uncertainty while keeping a firm eye on the big picture.
- A focus on collaboration and co-creation.
- Embracing flexibility.
- Your priorities define the bigger picture and what comes next.
- Communication is the key: through these conversations we can accept uncertainty, collaborate, stay flexible and prioritise.