John Rees Authorised Representative of
Fitzpatricks Private Wealth Pty Ltd
John’s advice philosophy is that it must be understandable, meaningful and specific to the client’s needs. I pride myself on maintaining long-term relationships with clients and taking the complexity out of financial planning decisions with the aim to provide clear and concise solutions around options that helps guide clients towards reaching their financial and lifestyle goals.
John has 20 years’ experience in financial planning and over ten years in accounting and business advisory in various locations and roles in Australia and overseas. John leverages his knowledge of financial strategies, superannuation, self-managed super funds, investments, tax and asset structures to implement tailored financial solutions that directly respond to client’s needs and aspirations.
My role is to assist clients achieve their financial goals, but at its core is gaining trust, placing client needs first and knowing that I have made a positive meaningful difference in the lives of my clients.
John’s qualifications include Certified Financial Planner, Special SMSF Adviser (SPAA), Chartered Accountant (CA) and Bachelor of Business (Major in Accounting). Through his qualifications and years of experience John is well equipped to provide exemplary advice and service to clients.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) – La Trobe University
- SMSF Specialist Adviser – SMSF Association
- Margin Lending and Geared Investments – Kaplan
- Financial Planning Proper Authority Course (The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia)
- Certified Financial Planner – FPA
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
Areas of expertise
Investment and Portfolio Construction
Retirement Planning and Pensions
Asset Protection and Business Structures
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
Tax Effective Wealth Strategies
Small to Medium Enterprises (SME)
Divorce and Financial Settlements
Strategic Financial Advice
- Over 16 years as a financial adviser
- Over 15 years as an accountant with experience in management and corporate accounting, business structures, financial reporting and taxation
- Over 3 years as a State Manager of a national boutique financial planning firm
- Financial services experience, both in Australia and overseas